Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cousin in Oz

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 22 Apr 2020 14:02

Can anyone help with any where else I can look to find how to contact my cousin:
I have been emailing her for a number of years and she has always replied within a day or two: just lately she has been replying the next day:
Then on 28th Jan that was the last email I received, I replied on the 2nd Feb and nothing from her:

I know that she has a problem with a adult son living with her who she has given notice to quit the family home by the end of Feb:
I know her address but not her phone number:
I have tried to find the phone number but it seems to be unlisted: She has another son not living at home and I have been unable to find any contacts for him:

As a last resort I contacted the NSW police to check on her:
This was their reply "Thank you for contacting NSW police. Local officers went to the address you gave tonight 13th April 2020"
That was the whole message no other details. I emailed them back two days later and still have not had a reply:
I thought of trying the salvation Army:

I tried once more on 4th March trying her email but no luck:

Any ideas please:

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Apr 2020 14:25

I rather think you'll have to wait until the Police have time to respond.

She may simply be ill and/or in hospital

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2020 16:07

Do you know the names of any of her neighbours, to look for their phone numbers?

Re police -
perhaps confidentiality rules prevent them telling you the outcome of their visit??
Though if that's the case, it would have been good to tell you so.

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 22 Apr 2020 16:15

Yes that's what I put in my second email to the police. Saying if you have enquiries pending I understand, but there should be some thing that you can tell me:
No I have no idea who her neighbours are:

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2020 16:25

If you enter just the street and town in the search box on this site, it will give you a list of all the people living on that street, with phone numbers:

https://personlookup.com.au/

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 22 Apr 2020 17:16

Thanks ArgyllGran I have tried that one before and it did not work with just the street:
I have tried again with just the area and post code and it worked but gave me over 5000 people I have found one neighbour, so will have to try tonight as it is 4 am over there at the moment:

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 22 Apr 2020 21:15

Hi, I have just phoned the neighbour next door to my cousin and he has told me she is well:
He is going to see her and let her know that I was worried about her:
He also told me that the son has moved out and he took the PC with him so she does not have one at the moment:
Thank you all for all your help:
Another satisfied customer all thanks to you:

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Apr 2020 09:26

Good news!
Thanks for letting us know.