Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Green family in Winchester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Delboy1978

Delboy1978 Report 12 Oct 2020 21:41

I am helping a friend research his family and he would like to find relatives.
His grandparents where:
George T Green born 1921 died 1987 in Winchester. He was married to Florence Ward in Peterborough in 1946 and after he left florence he then married a German lady called Hilda Trappe in 1956 having come back to Winchester. He was a military man.

George had a brother called Henry Green who died in July 2001, brother called Peter Green died 2nd May 2015 and John Green died in October 1999. There was a brother William Raymond Green who died in WW2 uboat ttack on the ship he was stationed on.

The family lived ad 13 Cromwell Road in Winchester.

My friends dad would love to know if any of the above had children which would be his cousins.

Many thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Oct 2020 08:29

Delboy

Get copies of the various death certs for informants’ details

Look for marriages on freebmd - then for possible children, although how you’d know which marriages were relevant with such common names, I’m not sure.
No-one can do anything you can’t in this instance

Look in ‘search all member trees’

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Oct 2020 08:38

To all helpers

Please don't use your time researching the ancestors - there is a thread on Find Ancestors board

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Oct 2020 08:43

For info ONLY

George A Green 06 Apr 1894 Male Builders Labourer Married 56 1
Margaret Green 21 Dec 1894 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 56 2
The record for this person is officially closed.
John Green 06 Jun 1925 Male Errand Boy Bakers Single 56 4
Peter Green 07 Apr 1931 Male At School Single 56 5

Neither John nor Peter had a second forename

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Oct 2020 11:04

Related thread:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1386602

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 13 Oct 2020 22:33

Many many of us are struggling in this dreadful pandemic, be it mentally/physically or with grief....that person we stood next to today, yesterday or whenever could be “on the edge” doing their upmost not to fall over, as could anyone on this site, maybe posting on GR to regain some stability by having something to occupy them......

So instead of “jumping” on the majority of people who post threads/replies, why not try to be kind or at least stay quiet, stop chastising, criticising and generally being unkind.

As an experienced info finder (who still often gets things very wrong) I know “the rules” and nothing I put on here isn’t already in the public domain, if it’s current, I send by PM......I assume (possibly wrongly) that the majority of folk asking for our help aren’t experienced, just as I wasn’t some years back.....I remember asking all sorts of innocent/inexperienced stuff which now seems so simple to find and I made lots of silly mistakes, then people would kindly point out my mistake and set me in the right direction!!
If I were just starting out, I’d be extremely cautious asking questions, reading some of the curt/rude replies here, such a shame....

I’ve seen so many (me included) experienced helpers deleting info because they’re being criticised, I saw it happen on this thread again today...what a waste of experience, simply because someone has chosen to “put them right”......

Anyway, nuff said

Take care and stay safe everyone

Edit......this thread has now been edited!!!