Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help to find my dad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stuart

Stuart Report 30 Jan 2021 19:15

Hello all just wondered if anyone could help me find my dad he was Born John Robert Sutton MMN Dunn in 1965 in Birmingham, Warwickshire. I have tried so hard to locate him and been unsuccessful, last known location was in 2002-04 in Fleetwood, Lancashire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jan 2021 21:18

There are so many John R Suttons on the electoral roll. Looks like he had siblings. Have you tried tracing uncles and aunts?

Rose

Stuart

Stuart Report 30 Jan 2021 21:54

Yeah but not knowing who or how many siblings he had causes me to struggle,he was last recorded in my hometown Fleetwood, but cannot seem to find him

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jan 2021 23:00

You can see potential siblings here:

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Search on Sutton add Dunn to the Spouse/Mother surname field.

Rose

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 Jan 2021 00:32

Have sent you 2 private messages. (look in Messages top right of screen).

Kath. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2021 10:10

Is this man aware of your existence?

Stuart

Stuart Report 31 Jan 2021 10:41

Yes he is :-)

Stuart

Stuart Report 31 Jan 2021 10:42

Why do you ask that?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 Jan 2021 10:52

I would imagine that ErikaH is asking because if he didn't know about you he might have a family who also weren't aware of your existence and you would have to be very careful about intruding on their lives. With family history matters you have to look at the bigger picture and not just what you want for yourself.

However, since he knows about you that helps with your search although he still might have family that don't know about you.

Kath. x

Stuart

Stuart Report 31 Jan 2021 10:54

Its driving me up the wall the fact he seems to be untraceable.
Stu

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 Jan 2021 10:56

If someone doesn't want to be found it can be very difficult.

Could he have gone abroad?

Have you written to the address in Fleetwood, Lancashire where you say he was until 2004? He was actually still there up to at least 2007 and may still be there but just opted out of the commercially available Electoral Register.

Kath. x

Stuart

Stuart Report 31 Jan 2021 11:08

He was registered at my mums house so isnt there at the Fleetwood address and I wouldn't have a clue if he had immigrated, I really should go on long lost family haha :) they would probably find him x