Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find my dad. Brian Easton.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dean

Dean Report 14 Feb 2021 19:04

I'm trying to find my dad Brian Easton. His last known location was morecambe lancashire 1970 to 1972 when I was born I don't know anymore about him apart from he may have had a young daughter .I've tried all other avenues and don't know where else to try. My mothers name was Ann rumer or Harding back then .He would possibly be around 80 now , I just need to find him before time runs out . I have never met my father and really need to fill a gap in my life that's always been there.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Feb 2021 19:26

Have you got your actual birth certificate ?

See your mums name was in both surnames and she had married in the 60,s

Wasn’t she able to give you more info ?

Between 1930 and 1940 there are 22 Brian Easton

Did he have a second name ?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 14 Feb 2021 20:02

As Morecombe is a holiday destination this could have been a holiday romance. In which case it would be almost impossible to find the right father.

If he lived with your mother you might find him on the electoral roll and the fore any other Christian names.

Nicola

Nicola Report 15 Feb 2021 08:33

I would go with uploading DNA on this one to be honest given that you have so little information.
Otherwise you would have to do a family tree of all possible fathers across the uk and track down descendants of each one asking them to do DNA with you.
It is possible because i did it myself for a lady who found out when she was in her 70's that the man she called Dad was not her biological Dad.
It is very long winded, it took me 18 months to solve this case and it was very labour intensive.
https://www.finderguru.co.uk/i-was-in-my-70s-when-i-found-out-i-was-adopted/

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Feb 2021 08:44

How would DNA help if there isn’t a sample with which to try to make a match?

Dean
Who registered your birth?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Feb 2021 08:52

You do a DNA test with an FH company such as Ancestry, Living DNA and so on.

You look at the shared matches. You look at any of the trees of reasonably close matches. You try and work out a ‘dirty tree’ for any close matches.

If you are really lucky like we were, you get a match to a half first cousin which leads back to one specific brother of a family you have already identified. It is worth getting someone from your other known side to also undertake a test, then you have a better chance of eliminating that side from your search.

Dean possibly needs to tread carefully as Brian or any current family, may know nothing about him.