Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for adopted sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DJStanley

DJStanley Report 30 Jul 2021 13:47

Looking for Joenne Bloomfield born August 1966 adopted October Croydon, London

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Jul 2021 13:55

If Bloomfield was her original name then she cannot be traced.

If you are or think you arelated then you should add you name to the Governments Adoption service website

www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Then if Joanne decides to look for relatives she would be given your details.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Jul 2021 14:15

Not in anyone's GR tree apart from yours, so no-one on here knows her by her birth name

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jul 2021 14:17

She isn’t in anyone’s tree on here so the only way is to add to the adoptions register

You could also add a message to her birth record on freebmd

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Jul 2021 17:47

Joenne is not on any Ancestry trees either.

DJStanley

DJStanley Report 30 Jul 2021 20:28

Thanks for the 4 replies thus far - so quick so thank you. Yes, name registered on adoption site etc. I had 2 replies that seemed fruitful but went cold and you can't reply again to a post there until get a reply to your last post - so frustrating. Trying all avenues. My sister posted to the government site years ago for other siblings - one responded so maybe I will need to register again as I think registration expires after 10 years?
David

malyon

malyon Report 30 Jul 2021 22:14

this is her birth
Births Dec 1966
BLOOMFIELD JOENNE THOMPSON CROYDON 5A 1331

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jul 2021 11:53

:-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

DJStanley

DJStanley Report 31 Jul 2021 23:26

Maylon has cited the correct birth record.
No need to research family. I know who my parents were and have 'found' all other siblings / some found me. Some found thru message boards like this / telephone books etc, some from finding uncles/aunts, some from DNA matches or found via their children's DNA matches. Some adopted, some in care - some died soon after birth and 2 as adults. Thought youngest sisters b 1961 and 1962 were the last but one sister discovered Joenne's record in 2019 just before she died - so knowing she was not the youngest, afterall! I vowed to try to find Joenne. Croydon council could not help.
Any need to update or re-register the adoption register is clearly worth checking else agencies seem to be the last resort. as most of the rest of us are near or past 70 years old. methinks time is running out. Ever hopeful someone will see this and know something. Youngest sisters were private adoptions to families known to parents - but they 'knew nothing' and have passed since c.2000 when first contact was made.
David

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Aug 2021 10:24

Wow. What amazing success.

Such a shame you haven't found Joanne yet. With the waves of emigration since the 60's she could be anywhere in the world., And of course, like the others sisters she may no longer be alive. Which would be a massive shame.

I would suppose that if she was also a private adoption the Adoption register may not work.

Maybe, one day..............

Names.