Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find a relative

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 16 Aug 2021 21:16

Hi I am trying to locate a relative. Her birth name was Nicola Marion Bradley. Her mum was Carol Bradley and she was born in July 1967 in Manchester. I believe her mum then married a year or so later and Nicola was adopted by her step father so I don’t know what her current name could be. I’ve never used this before or tried to locate anyone so any help or tips would be much appreciated

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Aug 2021 21:21

Have a look on freebmd for the marriage of her mum

Also born 1967 chances are she married

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Aug 2021 21:29

Her name is Nicola Marion A Bradley which may help find any marriage

Helen

Helen Report 16 Aug 2021 21:50

Thank you xx

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Aug 2021 22:16

Look for the mother’s marriage on freebmd

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Aug 2021 23:11

Unfortunately there are lots of marriages of women named Carol/Carole Bradley in the years after 1967 in Lancashire, assuming that's where she married.

Looking for a possible marriage of Nicola under those various surnames -
there's a possibly matching marriage of someone named Nicola M A Woods. Marriage in 1986 in Doncaster. (Not on FreeBMD)

MIGHT match with possible mother's marriage in 1969 in Warrington.

BUT that's a wild surmise, and makes assumptions about where Carol married.
Also, Woods isn't an uncommon name.

And the 1986 couple are not on Electoral Rolls beyond 2002 in Doncaster, and that address was sold in 2006.

There are lots of possible marriages with other names that Carol might have married, but not including both of Nicola's middle initials.

However, for all we know, Nicola may not have married at all.

Without knowing who Carol married, I'm afraid it seems like a fruitless search.