Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

kim butler

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 19 May 2022 12:50

hi i wonder if you could help with this please cousin thinks he is related to kim? her mother margaret v m mummerynmarried to albert butler. Margaret born 1927 died 1987 margaret brother alfred charles mummery kim was born 1979 in hackney London? i have left message for a kim butler but as of yet no reply hopefully kim would contact soon if she is still on this site? any help would so appreciated thanks

Maddie

Maddie Report 19 May 2022 13:42

1979 birth in hackney has mmn of windle

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 May 2022 14:01

What relation does your cousin think he is to Kim?

I'm assuming Alfred is your cousin?
It's not clear from your post.

Kim can be either a male or female name.
Is your cousin sure the Hackney birth is the one to investigate?
There were four other Kim Butlers registered in 1979, in various places - two of them are female with middle names.

There are no Butler/Mummery children named Kim.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 May 2022 14:08

I can't find a birth for a Kim Butler with mother's maiden name Mummery.

Margaret V M Mummery also had a sister Pauline I Mummery born in 1937

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 May 2022 14:12

I think the parents of Kim Butler born Hackney in 1979 are likely to be this couple who married in 1969:-

First name(s) John B
County London
Last name Butler
Country England
Marriage quarter 3
Volume 5B
Marriage year 1969
Volume as transcribed 5B
Registration month -
Page number 1325
MarriageFinder™ John B Butler married one of these people
Susan M Windle
Record set England & Wales Marriages 1837-2005
Spouse's last name Windle
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
District Hackney
Subcategory Civil Marriage & Divorce
District number -
Collections from Great Britain, England

Kath. x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 May 2022 14:18

I'm afraid there's no guarantee that the Kim you messaged will reply soon, or at all, for any number of possible reasons.

Change of email address; no longer interested in family tree; not looking at junk mail; thinking it might be some sort of scam - etc, etc.

Gillian

Gillian Report 19 May 2022 14:58

hi

details re margaret andf pauline are correct michael is cousin that is looking he thinks kim is his granddaughter? alfred is margarets brother thanks i do not know why he thinks kim is related?

Gillian

Gillian Report 19 May 2022 15:03

I have contacted michael on Facebook with the question why does he think is related to kim and that can only find windle connection awaiting reply thanks i was looking on ancestry for a marriage between Margaret and husband and found Albert butler

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 May 2022 15:18

Has your message been opened?

Does Michael really think that a woman born in 1927 was giving birth in 1979?

And what age would that make him if Kim is supposed to be his granddaughter

Have you looked for info anywhere?

Gillian

Gillian Report 19 May 2022 15:30

message not been viewed yet on f/book cannot answer questions to why he thinks kim is his relation that would make mother 52years? have looked but only found marriage for margaret mummery/albert butler i think michael was born in the 1950s?

Gillian

Gillian Report 19 May 2022 15:35

just got more info margaret was Michael aunt a kim butler was looking for info kim could be Margaret son daughter a bit sketchy on info as between facebook message and genes no more details on names etc? sorry for inconvenience with info but just trying to help Michael thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 May 2022 15:46

Advise him to do some online research using freebmd for a start

Gillian

Gillian Report 19 May 2022 15:58

found edward c g butler mother mummery in 1955 will check this with Michael thanks
wife of Edward rosemary a gibson married in kent

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 May 2022 16:08

If Michael thinks this Kim is his grandchild, he must be the father of one of his/her parents

So, what is the name of Michael’s child?

You say he’s your cousin
You have asked for help on here with the Mummery name on many occasions, so is he connected to that side of your family?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 May 2022 16:20

Margaret appears to have had at least two children - a daughter in 1951, and a son in 1955.
Also, possibly , another daughter in 1961.

The son married in 1975, and had at least two children - but none called Kim, at least not from the marriage.

If Kim is the daughter of Margaret's son, then she's Michael's great-grand-daughter, and not his grand-daughter.

Is Michael certain that Kim is descended from Margaret?
Could she be a child of Alfred or Pauline?

If there's a possibility of Kim (if that's her name) having been born illegitimately (daughter of Alfred, perhaps, or of Margaret's son Edward) , then she may have been registered under her mother's surname - which we don't know.

EDIT:
but now you say Margaret is Michael's aunt, not his daughter.

We need some definite facts if we are to help.

Gillian

Gillian Report 19 May 2022 16:51

michael is connection through my mother side of family distant cousin i have only info michael has given me re grand daughter or great grand daughter i will pas this info onto michael thanks for help found out that margaret was michaels dads sister