Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Matthew robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 15 Jul 2022 15:14

Hi I am searching for my partners half brother, our biological father is dennis barry robinson, dennis was born in kings lynn, he also lived in birmingham before he moved to chesire, I have only recently discovered that he has a half brother and would love to contact him

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jul 2022 15:28

Unless he has a tree on GR, you won’t be able to contact him through this site

As you know his name, presumably you have found his birth registration?

Look for his name and birth year/birthplace in ‘search all member trees’. If you find a match, send a carefully-worded message and hope for a response

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Jul 2022 15:48

Welcome to the boards, Kerry.

Unfortunately, Matthew Robinson is a very common name.
Unless you know Matthew's mother's surname (I assume he and your partner have different mothers) we won't be able to pinpoint his birth record.

Do you know when Matthew was born, even if not where?
Were Matthew's parents married at the time?

There were two marriages of men named Dennis B Robinson in Birmingham, in 1970 and in 1976.

Fifteen Matthew Robinsons were registered in Birmingham 1962-90.
None of them had a mother's maiden name matching the surname of either of the two women who married in Birmingham - but for all we know, one of them may have married under a previous married name.

The only Matthew Robinson registered in Kings Lynn reg district (1962-90) was born in 1980.
Thirty Matthew Robinsons were registered in Cheshire 1962-90 .

There were 9 Matthew Robinsons (1972-90) with mmn the same as the very common surname of the 1972 bride - but not in Kings Lynn, Birmingham, or Cheshire.

If Matthew's parents were not married at the time, his birth may have been registered under his mother's name - or do you know definitely that his surname is Robinson?

One Matthew with the same surname and mother's surname as the 1972 bride was registered in Birmingham in 1976, and another was registered in Kings Lynn in 1972.
But there's no reason to think either of those births is relevant.

There are too many unknown factors and too many Matthew Robinsons for us to find him without more details - which you shouldn't post in a public thread.