Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sudbury Court (Landmark Heights), Hackney London

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi

Naomi Report 20 Jul 2022 20:12

Hi!
I’m looking for my father, he’s of St Lucian heritage from what i’ve found out through my DNA. His name was Joe - but not sure if this was a nickname. He lived at 6a Sudbury Court 172 Daubeney Road around 1989/ 1990, my mother lost contact due to the tower block being sold and refurbished. It was 1 of 4 buildings that stood, the other 3 were demolished (Norbury Court, Bakewell Court, Ambergate Court). I’ve been searching for years now with no luck, if anyone knows anyone who lived in this building during this time, who might know have any information, id be very grateful! Or if anyone has any advice on what I can do next, I've tried contacting hackney council but due to data laws, they won't help me.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Jul 2022 20:59

Welcome to Genes and the boards.

It is extremely unlikely that anyone with any connection to the buildings would spot this post.

Without Joe’s surname no one will be able to help you. Ploughing through the Electoral Rolls for the address seems the only way of finding his surname. The Electoral Rolls are usually available at Local Studies centres or the main Library. A personal visit would be needed.