Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard Summerfield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison Vaness

Alison Vaness Report 30 Aug 2022 10:32

Richard was born in 1933 , he was living in Oxford rd , St Leonard’s -on-sea in the early 60’s . I believe ha was married with 3 children . Any information would be appreciated. Thanks for reading .

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Aug 2022 11:07

Welcome to Genes and the boards.

By using the free website www.freebmd.org.uk you can find his birth and his marriage. You should then be able to find the children of that marriage.

By using the Search option you can see if anyone has him in their tree and you can also look for him on the Electoral Roll option.

Edit: it looks as though he may have had a middle initial - G. If he was born in August 1933 then it looks though he may have died in the Gironde in 1995 (via Ancestry)

Alison Vaness

Alison Vaness Report 30 Aug 2022 16:32

Thank you so much , France had been mentioned in the past . I have found 3 half siblings older than myself from his marriage in 1953 . I believe he left them in 1965 or 1966 when I was born . I have no idea where he went , I’m having trouble finding my siblings now . I appreciate your help so much and will make my way to France one day soon to pay my respects.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Aug 2022 16:41

Use that FreeBMD website and you might pick up their marriages if you know their names. His first wife may also be dead, look for that on the same site.

It might be worth taking out a free trial on ancestry ( make sure you cancel the rollover) or use your local library s most have access. You might pick up some more detail, as well as the French references for your father.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Aug 2022 08:36

Name: Richard Georges Summerfield
Death Age: 61
Birth Date: 18 août 1933 (18 Aug 1933)
Birth Place: Hastings, Grande Bretagne (United Kingdom)
Death Date: 19 mai 1995 (19 May 1995)
Death Place: Pessac, Gironde, France
Certificate Number: 563
URL:
https://www.data.gouv.fr/fr/datasets/fichier-des-personnes-decedees/

He possibly remarried too in 1987

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Aug 2022 08:41

You can find the marriage in 1953 and the 3 children born using the surname combination on freebmd

Are you saying you forget the names of haven’t traced any of them foreword ?

Are you wanting to try and make contact?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Aug 2022 08:50

Looks like the first wife was still in st Leonard’s on sea to 2019

Address should be on 192.com

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2022 13:42

The elder daughter seems to have married in 1974 - she and hubby both re-married a few years later

Easily found on freebmd

If you are considering trying to contact your half-siblings, be aware that they not be well-disposed towards you.