Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

NinaStratz

NinaStratz Report 13 Jan 2023 16:54

My Brother Peter Osborne was born and adopted in 1963, possibly in Sidcup, Kent.
the possible family that adopted him were Cunningham, If anyone has any info or possibilities please get in touch.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Jan 2023 17:41

Welcome to the boards, Nina.

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that anyone using these boards will know, or know of , your brother under his birth name.

The helpers on here can't help, either, as his name would have been changed on adoption, and we have no way of finding out what his new name would be.

If you register with the Adoption Contact Register, and if he has also registered, looking for his birth family, you may be put in touch with each other.
Information and instructions here:
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

It's a gamble, as it depends on your brother having registered too - but you may feel it's worth a try.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jan 2023 19:43

Afraid adoption records are closed

Try putting your contact details on freebmd against his birth record and adding yourself to adoption contact records on the GRO website

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jan 2023 21:35

No other birth on freebmd for Osborne with the MMN on Peter’s

One member other than you has the mother in his GR tree.

The same member has Peter in his tree

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Jan 2023 21:56

Peter is Nina's half-brother, from their mother's first marriage.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jan 2023 22:07

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)