Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Karen Pauline Ansell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 9 Sep 2023 14:35

Born may 1965, south east london . Trying to find you.. brother x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Sep 2023 15:13

Have you done ANY research?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Sep 2023 15:13

Welcome to the boards, Paul.

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that Karen will see your post here.

You don't say if she was adopted or not.
If she was, the helpers here on the boards won't be able to trace her online, as she will have a different name, and we have no way of finding out what her present name might be.

You can register with the Adoption Contact Register.
If Karen also happens to register, looking for her birth family, you may be put in touch with each other.
Info and instructions here:
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

If she wasn't adopted, when and where did you last have contact with her?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Sep 2023 15:15

She is in a GR tree - try contacting the ‘owner’

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Sep 2023 15:16

You'll find "Search all member trees" under "Search" at top right of this page.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Sep 2023 15:25

The member with her in her tree was asking ‘on behalf of her brother’ way back in 2020

She didn’t bother to return to her thread

All the advice about the register was given then………………

The same poster also had another thread about this….again, she didn’t return :-| :-|

Paul

Paul Report 9 Sep 2023 15:40

Im completely new to this and dont really know what to do or which way to turn. She was adopted by my mum june Sandra ann ansell on the 21st may 1965.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Sep 2023 15:45

The advice about putting yourself on the adoption contact register is the ONLY help anyone on here can give you. The same advice was given to Linda in 2020…………..

Good luck

Paul

Paul Report 9 Sep 2023 15:48

Lindas my aunt, so that makes sense, thanks for you help

Paul

Paul Report 9 Sep 2023 15:49

So where is the adption register on here please?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 9 Sep 2023 15:50

So Ansell was her adopted name not her birth name. When and where did you last have contact?
You could try looking at the Electoral Roll on here via the Search option at the top right.
You could try looking at the free site www.Freebmd.org.uk to see if she married within the time period they have available.
You could try looking for her via social media.

Good luck

Added. The adoption register is not on here. But if she was adopted INTO your family it is the wrong place.

Paul

Paul Report 9 Sep 2023 15:54

Ansell was her birth name, we've never met, ive only recently found out she existed.. i dont even know if she knows anything about this but I heard years ago she tried emailing one of my aunts but it was dismissed.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Sep 2023 16:00

The link to the Register is in ArgyllGran’s post

It is a Goverment site…..nothing to do with GR

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Sep 2023 16:06

For clarification -

are you saying that her birth surname and her adopted surname were BOTH Ansell?

I can see from FreeBMD that her birth surname was Ansell.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 9 Sep 2023 16:07

You said she was adopted by your mother June Ansell. Which would make Ansell her adopted name. Do you mean June was her birth mother and was adopted by someone else, or was her birth mother a relative. If so then the Adoption register See post at 15:13) is the right place to add your own details.

A Karen P Ansell was registered in 1965 Woolwich. You can order this certificate from the GRO, the details you will need can be found on the freebmd website I mentioned earlier.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Sep 2023 16:10

The poster has all the details as per this and the other two threads from 2020

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Sep 2023 16:13

The other threads:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1389123
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1388626

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 9 Sep 2023 16:47

So, having read the other threads it seems that June was the birth mother and Ansell the birth name, which, again, just leaves Paul the option of adding his name to the Gov. adoption register in the hope that ‘Karen’ may go looking for her birth family.