Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted Brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 22 Sep 2023 15:28

Hi I;m trying to trace my wife's older brother born Geoffrey Melling 1966 At Elmswood, North Mossley Hill Road, Mossley hill, Liverpool.
His birth mother is Katharine Melling from Ashton in Makerfield, Wigan.
We believe Katharine lived in Sefton/Wavertree around probably 1965 to 1972.
My wife Lynda was born in 1969 and we have only just this year found out about Geoffrey and she would love to hopefully find him.
Any help or information would be very much appreciated .

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Sep 2023 15:37

Welcome to Genes and the boards.

Unfortunately no one is allowed to look at adoption records.

Your wife can add her name to the Gov. adoption register at gov.uk so that if her brother goes looking for his birth family her details can be last over.

It would be.best if you removed the full date of birth.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Sep 2023 15:39

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Mark

Mark Report 22 Sep 2023 15:54

Thank you My wife will register and hopefully Geoffrey is looking also, I've edited the post to remove the full date of birth.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Sep 2023 17:08

He isn't in any tree other than yours, so no-one else who knows his birth name is connected on here...............unless they haven't included him, for some reason.

PatW

PatW Report 27 Sep 2023 23:57

I had a son who was adopted in 1959 and I registered with the government office. He asked for his records and my note was inside so he got in touch via a mediator. We met up and I’ve been to stay with him and his family several times the next visit being this next Christmas. It’s wonderful.

Mark

Mark Report 28 Sep 2023 10:50

That's fantastic Pat, My wife has registered and with luck she will hopefully find her brother.
Its great to hear about your happy reunion thank you.