Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jane MAddison

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 22 Sep 2013 18:52

Jane was born 1911? in Sunderland and was my aunt.She was a W.R,E.N.in the 1940's or50's.She married late in lfe but i dont know this name.I'd appreciate any info; from anyone who knew her. Thankyou. Hilary Ali :-)

Jane

Jane Report 23 Sep 2013 07:13

HI could she have married John Holland in 1958 in Sunderland. I would have thought that who ever she married it would have taken place in her home town. Just a guess.

There are quite a few Jane Maddisons on FreeBMD but this one would fit that she married late and in Sunderland.

As for the wren part perhaps it will say on the marriage cert what branch she was in.

Jane

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Sep 2013 14:31

Hilary

Look for marriage info on freebmd

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Look for WRNS links on Forcesreunited

Are you actually looking for info about her service with the WRNS?

Only if she married whilst serving will there be any reference on her marriage cert................

You need to find accurate birth info...............

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Sep 2013 14:31

Is this her?

1911 census

Person: MADDISON, Jane Address: 56 Burleigh St Sunderland

MADDISON, Richard Head Married M 41 1870 Platelayer Durham Sunderland VIEW
MADDISON, Dorothy Wife Married19 years F 39 1872 Durham Sunderland VIEW
MADDISON, Margaret Daughter Single F 16 1895 Factory Girl Durham Sunderland VIEW
MADDISON, Johanna Daughter F 14 1897 School Durham Sunderland VIEW
MADDISON, John G Son M 13 1898 School Durham Sunderland VIEW
MADDISON, Dorothy Daughter F 10 1901 School Durham Sunderland VIEW
MADDISON, Sarah Ann Daughter F 8 1903 Durham Sunderland VIEW
MADDISON, James Son M 6 1905 Durham Sunderland VIEW
MADDISON, Alice Daughter F 3 1908 Durham Sunderland VIEW
MADDISON, Jane Daughter F 0 (3 MONTHS) 1911 Durham Sunderland VIEW

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Sep 2013 14:33

Do you have another thread about this?

Hilary

Hilary Report 8 Oct 2013 02:30

Apologies for this error.I am new to this and i clicked your name without realising my mtstake,However, success,the above named jane maddison is myaunt so,many thanks to you for your help.much appreciated.hope i will be successful in the next stage of my search .hilary.

Hilary

Hilary Report 27 Dec 2013 02:03

I would like to transfer some info; I have to my family tree, from my watched threads. can someone explain how to do this please. I would really appreciate the help. Thankyou. Hilary Ali :-S :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Dec 2013 22:09

Your Tree is a gedcom programme - it will only recognise other gedcoms. You can't merge information from threads with it.

What you can do is to manually add relatives, or if there is additional info on your watched threads, copy and paste into into the notes section of the appropriate person.

You have to open the details box, indicated on the right hand side of the tree page as... <<...i.e two arrow heads