Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1st Battalion Kings Own Scottish Borderers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nellie123

Nellie123 Report 26 Sep 2013 17:33

Hi Can anyone tell me how i can find out about 1st Battalion Kings Own Scottish Borderers please as i do not know where to start to find out about them as my granddad served with them
thankyou
Helen

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 26 Sep 2013 18:06

Nellie 1

Plenty info. on line if you use a search engine......

The following is from 1914-1918 ....(The Long Trail).....

The King's Own Scottish Borderers
Battalions of the Regular Army
1st Battalion
August 1914 : in Lucknow, India.
Returned to England on 28 December 1914 and came under orders of 87th Brigade, 29th Division. Moved to Rugby.
Sailed from Avonmouth on 18 March 1915 and landed at Cape Helles on Gallipoli 25 April 1915.
8 January 1916 : evacuated from Gallipoli and moved to Alexandra in Egypt.
18 March 1916 : arrived at Marseilles for service in France.

Nellie123

Nellie123 Report 27 Sep 2013 01:07

Thankyou Eringobragh 1916 for your reply it is very interesting but when you say
(use a search engine ) can you tell me what it means please
thankyou

Helen

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 27 Sep 2013 08:57

Nellie1
Have sent you a PM (personal message) as "Reply" wasnt showing up when I answered your query.