Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army Catering Corps: William Charles Hedges

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 4 Jan 2014 01:31

I cannot find any record in the Armed Forces & Conflicts records for my father (born 1928) who I think served in the Army Catering Corps in the 1940s or 1950s.

Would appreciate any advice.

jax

jax Report 4 Jan 2014 03:32

Welcome to the boards John

No you will not find those records online, next of kin can apply for them think they cost £30 and can take quite some months

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 4 Jan 2014 08:49

Jax is correct, they are held in Glasgow (along with all current serving records). They do cost £30.00, you will be asked to prove you are his daughter, however, if your mother is alive she (you under her name) can order her husbands records for free.
There is around a 6-10 month wait, depending on order required by current services. Which take priority.

John

John Report 4 Jan 2014 10:01

Many thanks for the prompt replies, guys.

Much appreciated.