Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WWI DIARIES WILLIAM H BROOKS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 4 Jan 2014 14:47

I have in my possession the original WW1 diaries of my paternal grandfather who was born in Birmingham Workhouse 1880. The diaries covered every day throughout the war whilst in the trenches. My husband has recently got these published through Amazon, with supporting maps, photos etc. Has anyone any ideas how I can promote the book (incidentally half of the profits will go to the British Legion) with it now being the centenary of the outbreak of the war. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Heather :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Jan 2014 20:08

Are you living in the UK? If so....

Via your local branch of the British Legion?
Local family/history society?
Poster in the Library?

Having read the entry on Amazon, it might help if you can ask friends/relatives to read it and give honest reviews.

Heather

Heather Report 5 Jan 2014 12:08

thanks, I have contacted British Legion and sent them a copy of the book, so far no response. I also donated a copy to the local library, to try to create interest. I sent a copy to Imperial War museum and Royal Warwickshire Regiment, who acknowledged donation but no follow ups. Regards Heather.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Jan 2014 13:12

You might need to create a small poster and ask the local places of interest to put it on a wall

Heather

Heather Report 6 Jan 2014 08:41

thanks I'll try that