Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gheel 1944 Eugene Patrick Boyd please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 18 Jan 2014 15:13

Hi there,
Im trying to find out as much information about my great grandfather sgt EUGENE PATRICK BOYD. i researched a couple of years ago but ive lost all the emails and information i had gathered about him as my computer broke. i really am trying to gather up as much info as possible and was wondering if somebody could help me as im not to good on the site. Information i remember is.. Eugene was in the 6th Battalion of the Durham Light Infratry , he was killed in the battle of gheel in belgium in september 1944 and recieved a military medal. Eugene is buried in gheel cemetary and i Remember somebody helping me on a site previously and was getting Eugenes headstone amended as it didnt mention his military medal. (not sure if that happened would hope it has) . i know Eugenes father was called myron lester boyd and served in ww1, they lived in wales and im baffled how eugene ended up in the Durham light infantry which is up north.
if any body can help with any information about my great grandfather or the 6th battalion an what battles they went through i would be so gratefull thank you.

anthony boyd

sorry to keep on.. in the dli 6th battalion i believe theres A COMPANY B COMPANY ect how do i find out exactly what company my grandfather was in?? thanks again

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 18 Jan 2014 21:23

Check out your thread on Geneaolgy Chat...have already posted the site details etc.....

Potty

Potty Report 19 Jan 2014 12:51

To answer the specific question on this thread, you can obtain his Army Service Record. This site gives details:

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

greyghost

greyghost Report 19 Jan 2014 16:41

The thread Eringobragh is referring to on Genealogy Chat

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1336417