Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RAF records Dennis Anslow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 May 2015 11:13

Can anyone help please.
I am trying to find out the dates my late Father, Dennis Anslow served in Aden.
He was with the RAF in Aden I know in 1947.
I believe he served as a training nursing orderly.
His home address was 111 Lichfield Road Brownhills, staffordshire.
I do not know his service number or his national insurance number so I am not sure if I could apply to the MOD for his service record.
He worked at Forging and Presswork before and after his service.
His DOB was 29/01/1922
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Pat

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 May 2015 11:41

His records will still be with the MOD. I think your best bet would be to ring them and explain what details you do have and see if they can help you.

Was he in the RAF when he married or when any of his children were born? If so his service number might be on the certificate.

Kath. x

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 May 2015 12:22

Thank you I will try to phone them. I will check the certificates I have those

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 5 May 2015 12:53

Hi Pat

Not sure if you already have this info, but in case you don't.

Service records of Officers that served from 1922 onwards and Airmen that served from 1924 onwards are held at Personnel Management Agency (PMA).

A Subject Access Requests (SAR) form needs to be completed in order to access records.

RAF Data Protection Team
Room 14
Trechard Hall
RAF Cranwell
Sleaford
NG34 8HB

The following link will take you directly to an external website where you will find that required form :

http://www.raf.mod.uk/community/family/request-for-information-from-service-records/

Hope that will help ?

Alison

Patricia

Patricia Report 27 May 2015 09:14

Thank you. I will give that a go