Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jean Lily Ethel Garrett

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 29 Jun 2015 22:30

Please can any one help, I am looking for my husband's older sister JEAN LILY ETHEL GARRETT, she was born in 1926. She served inPalestine in the ATS in 1946 ? We do not know what became of Jean when she came out of the services, we have been looking for Jean for a number of years, and my husband would dearly like to know what became of her, we obviously do not know if she is still alive We do not know if she married, therefore do not know of any change to her surname, or if she had any family.. I am the wife of Jean's youngest brother, we would appreciate any information however scant. We have Jean's Palestine medal and would like to reunite this with her if possible, her army number was W302506.
Thank you, Rosemary Garrett

Potty

Potty Report 30 Jun 2015 12:06

There is this possible marriage:

Name:Jean L Garrett
Spouse Surname:Watson
Date of Registration:Jul-Aug-Sep 1946
Registration district:Birmingham
Inferred County:Warwickshire
Volume Number:9c
Page Number:557

Spouse: Edward B M Watson

The marriage cert would give her father's name to confirm if it is your Jean.

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jun 2015 12:22

Also this one

First name(s)
JEAN L

Last name
GARRETT

Marriage quarter

Marriage year

Registration month
-

?
MarriageFinderâ„¢ JEAN L GARRETT married
WILLIAM T BUCKLEY

Spouse's last name
BUCKLEY

District
WEST HAM

District number
-

County
Essex

Country
England

Volume
5A

Page

Record set
England & Wales marriages 1837-2008

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 30 Jun 2015 14:24

Have found an address on electoral roll for the first marriage in B'ham so sent a PM with address. Stopped a while ago but had the couple on it. :-)

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 30 Jun 2015 23:16

Thank you to Patty and Allan for your very quick and kind response.

We will give it a try sending a letter, we did send a letter a few years ago to some one with a s.a.e. but they did not reply, but as you say we will put Jean's name on the front.

I cannot find any more information on Buckley married in West Ham, but will keep trying.

As I said we have been trying for several years, but I am not very competent with these searches, I get the names then get stuck and give up when I am not having any luck, I am not sure really what I am doing and where to go next.

I have trailed through the deaths from 1956 to 2007 with the names of GARRETT, WATSON, BUCKLEY, but have found nothing. Thank you both for helping.

Rosemary Garrett

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jul 2015 08:48

For deaths after 2006 try https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
Its the government list of Estates which went to Probate. Unfortunately from a FH point of view, it doesn't give a place of death. Probate registries cover large areas!

You do have to remember that not all Estates go to Probate especially if the value is low or if everything ha\s been left to the surviving spouse

malyon

malyon Report 4 Jul 2015 21:24

found her birth in islington mothers name sewell