Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Casualty lists 1807

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

yewtree

yewtree Report 30 Dec 2015 04:05

My gt gt grandfather was injured at Radnor Wales, whilst on exercises in mid 1807, he had his right leg amputated in Chelsea Hospital Sept/Oct 1807 and was discharged from the 23rd Regiment of Foot(Royal Welsh Fusiliers) in November 1807 on to a Chelsea outpatient pension. Is there any records I can research to find out more details? I do have a copy of his discharge papers, which does not give much information. He was a private, name of William Hobbs born Alderton Wilts 1784.He was originally in the Wilts Militia.
yewtree

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 30 Dec 2015 06:38

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=305308.0

(is that him above?)

Chris :)