Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frederick Samuel Ferriman born 1893 Oxon.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 14 Oct 2016 14:56

Has anyone any photos of 9th/6th Battalion Ox and Bucks Light Infantry May 1916 to May 1917. Also 25 Squadron RFC. April 1917 to July 1917.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Oct 2016 16:54

There is another member called Stephen who has Frederick Ferriman born 1893 in his tree. Have you tried to contact him to see if he has any information or photos?

Kath. x

Brenda

Brenda Report 14 Oct 2016 20:38

Hi kath
Thsnk you for that.how do i get in touch with steven
Many thanks
Brenda

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Oct 2016 00:02

Click on Search at the top right of this page. Then select Search all members trees.
Fill in the search boxes - Frederick & Ferriman and the yob 1893.
Don't bother with the place of birth.
Click Search.

There are 3 results, the bottom one being "Frederick Ferriman 1893 Shipton Under Wychwo..." on GR member Stephen's tree.
Click on the 'Find out more' button after Stephen's name to send him a message.

The blue hyperlink below may take you straight to the messaging page. Just click on it to see.
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/4786121/discover?rk=545990203

You can tell at any time if he has read the message by looking at your 'Sent Messages' box. Unread ones have an envelope icon next to them

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Oct 2016 00:04

If you use the search facility at the top right of the screen. Click on "search" then click on "search all member trees". Put in Frederick's first name and surname and year of birth then click search and Stephen's name should come up. Click on his name and send him a message.

Trouble is there is no guarantee that you will get a reply as he may no longer check his messages.

Kath. x

Potty

Potty Report 15 Oct 2016 11:55

If you Google:

Oxford & Bucks Light Infantry WW1

and select images, there are several images although some of them are WW2.

Brenda

Brenda Report 18 Oct 2016 17:06

I thanks for that I did google there are some lovely photos on there,as you say WW1 and WW2.
Regards
Brenda

magpie

magpie Report 14 Nov 2016 14:41

My grandfather was in The Ox and Bucks from 1915 till his de commissioning in 1919. I'm afraid I don't know which battalion though which isn't awfully helpful!!! However I do have a slight mystery as in 1919 he was in Dublin! I know this because of a post card we have that he sent to my mother when she was six months old. On it is the brief address telling us that he was still in the Ox and Bucks and in Dublin. On researching this it would appear that the Ox and Bucks weren't in Ireland at this time never mind Dublin!! Any ideas anyone?!!

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 14 Nov 2016 14:57

There was a lot of trouble in Ireland. He could have been part of a detachment sent to bolster up those already there. The whole battalion wouldn't go just a few soldiers.

Or did he become part of the Black and Tans??????

magpie

magpie Report 14 Nov 2016 16:03

Thanks for the reply. He was in Ireland in 1918,date on postcard confirms that and decommissioned in Oct 1919. I think he must have been part of a detachment, hopefully not a B & T!!!