Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robert Oliver Isaacs/Robinson approx 1940-1946

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 23 Jan 2017 16:05

looking for any record he was in the army around 1962 - 1983, supposedly served 22 years in the reg army medical corps was a state reg nurse and discharged as a staff sargent pension of 68.00 per week unknown how much truth it was back then.

any ideas where to look or even help would be very much appreciated.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 23 Jan 2017 22:08

All military records after 1920 are still held by the MOD, here is the link to help you.

The records will cost £30 & could take a number of months to arrive.

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

David

David Report 24 Jan 2017 11:02

thankyou so much appreciated. not knowing who my father is and what to do with the limited sources i do have not necessarily the truth either. anything is all guess work as i cannot access police records for him as that would possibly give me a much bigger lead.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Jan 2017 12:47

Related thread - not sure if there are any others.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1361437

David is trying really hard, using all available resources, to discover the truth of his parentage. He doesn't necessarily want to contact his biological or presumed father, just to have 'closure'.