Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Women in army ww2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 24 Feb 2017 13:22

Cannot find any details of my grandmother or aunt's records in ww2 even with my aunts number. Grandmother joined 1940 and paternal aunt 1942 enlisted Southend on sea Essex number W184876 E De Ros. Any suggestions would be welcome

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 24 Feb 2017 14:55

As you can see from my picture my mother was in the ATS during WW2

No documents are online for those who served after 1920, you have to write off for them as they are still with MOD. It costs £30 and you have a wait several months for the service record.

Here's the link

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

Christine

Christine Report 7 Mar 2017 13:48

Hello thank for this information. It seems rather expensive. it is really my grandmother's record i want but I do not have her number but I will give it a go.

Kind regards

Christine

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 7 Mar 2017 22:53

:-)