Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The national archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annabel

Annabel Report 2 Mar 2017 04:32

I have my grandfathers record ww1 gives information but to get more it says go to the national archives have not been on there for a long ting time and it as changed can any one help me.

William Cooper Oxford and Bucks
Archive reference MH106/1356 can be found at the N/Archives medical records of no 28 general hospital 15/2/1918 to 13/4/1918 British other rank 28th general hospital Salonica ser 13908- and tranfer service 25162

Ann

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Mar 2017 07:26

They are held at National Archives, Kew.

Chris :)

(if you found reference on below)

https://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/collections/129/military-hospitals-admissions-and-discharge-registers-ww1/

(more info. about on below link, from google search)

http://www.scarletfinders.co.uk/125.html

Admission and Discharge Registers

The following units are those for which admission and discharge registers survive at The National Archives in MH106. In total there are 2078 of these registers, and the number includes some operation books, and miscellaneous registers. They cover units in most theatres – the Western Front, Egypt, Salonika, Serbia, and North Russia in 1919. Some are complete, while some are for specific dates only, and as the units moved around some have records for more than one location. One of the most complete, No.3 Casualty Clearing Station, has a total of 153 registers covering the period from 23 September 1914 to 6 December 1918.

28 General Hospital

Annabel

Annabel Report 2 Mar 2017 10:25

I know the records are at the national archive but finding the site very confusing,the link you gave does not work.

Ann

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Mar 2017 10:29

You need to visit the National Archives to view them (in case you thought they were available to see online)

(you seem to have reference details)

(not sure why links don't work for you!)

Annabel

Annabel Report 2 Mar 2017 11:28

I did think I could view them on line, have to wait till my next visit to England .

Thanks Ann

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Mar 2017 12:05

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/paying-for-research/our-paid-search-service/

(does give details of Paid Research Service above, unless anybody can offer help for you)