Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

military birth trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DawnWilson

DawnWilson Report 14 Mar 2017 23:17

Can anyone help me please, i am looking for a birth in 1963 in a army camp in county down, northern island, baby was pearl joan wilson and her mothers maiden name was marshall, father who was posted in ireland was George Robert wilson ,
thanking you all inadvance :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 15 Mar 2017 09:28

The baby should have been registered where she was born. Northern Ireland is not an overseas posting. If the mother was in Northern Ireland with her husband that's where the baby should have been registered.

I don't have subs to find the birth but someone else might be able to help you. :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Mar 2017 10:49

Try here
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/search-gronis-online-records
You will need to create an account & purchase credits. Read the information before you commit.

This person is hopefully living & would be c53. Is there any particular reason why you are looking for this information?

DawnWilson

DawnWilson Report 15 Mar 2017 10:59

the reason is that she is my sister and we not on speaking terms, and i am doing the family tree for my son

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Mar 2017 11:03

If you don't want to search on groni (ppp's) then have you been able to find her on facebook? Depending on how active she is, there may be a few 'Happy Birthday, Mum' type of posts.
Are there any family members you can ask? If you aren't sure of but want the actual date, you may need to buy the cert via groni. Failing that, you may have to settle on the year.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Mar 2017 11:14

Assuming that one of your parents are still living, you could apply for a copy of your father's service records. They would need to sign the forms. If they've since divorced, then probably your mother's signature wouldn't count.

I understand the Service Records would give the dates of birth of his children, certainly if he was married to their mother. Not quite sure if the info is included if he didn't acknowledge paternity or if they weren't married to each other.

This is the link for obtaining UK service records:
http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

If both are deceased, you can still apply but it would cost £30.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Mar 2017 12:05

Thread duplicated 14 Mar 2017 23:43
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1365245