Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Wilkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 30 Jul 2017 15:37

Hello,
My Father James Wilkinson served in WW2. Sadly my Father in no longer alive.
I have a letter sent to him from a family in Flushing Holland where I think he was stationed.I would dearly like to find this family and something about his time there.I
have tried all the things I can think of without any luck,can anyone suggest any ways
I can find the information I am looking for?
Hopefully yours Margaret.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Jul 2017 15:42

Do you have a name for the family? Have you thought of putting a letter in a newspaper from there asking if there are any descendants of the family still living in the area? Unfortunately because of the passage of time there are unlikely to be many people still living who would have first hand knowledge of your father.

Kath. x