Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robert A Woods born 1909?? Died in Italy 1943.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 20 Aug 2017 14:11

Can anyone help me. I am looking for more information on this person. I believe he would be either my Greatt Grandfather or Great Uncle. From info found i believe he was stationed in Italy and is buried in Sicily/Rome American Cemetery and Memorial.
To be able to find other information for my tree i need to know if this is correct.
Any information would be greatly recieved.

Regards Charlotte

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Aug 2017 14:48

Charlotte, it would be better to remove your email address as it is against Genes terms and conditions. People can contact you through Genes.

Kath. x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 20 Aug 2017 15:49

You won't find information online about your relative. As Kath has told you remove your email address, here's the link you require.

Charlotte, all service records after 1920 are still with MOD and not online.

It costs £30 to get the records and there may be a long wait. Heres's the link to help you.

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

Hope this helps

:-)

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 20 Aug 2017 16:09

Thank you for the advice. I didnt realise you were,nt allowed to put email addresses on. Its now been removed.
Thanks for the advice

Regards
Charlotte

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 20 Aug 2017 16:46

https://tinyurl.com/y9fs4g25

(on above. Find A Grave, Note: Entered the service from Connecticut.)

Chris :)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Aug 2017 18:53

As he was in the US airforce, the MOD link given earlier is unlikely to be of use. That's for people who served in the British Forces.

This might help
http://www.usaaf.com/MilRec.html

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 21 Aug 2017 23:06

Id like to say a big Thank You to everyone who helped me. Ive found some fantastic information.
Regards
Charlotte

Kay????

Kay???? Report 25 Aug 2017 21:13

Robert A Woods
Name (Original) WOODS ROBERT A
Event Type Military Service
Event Date 26 Oct 1942
Term of Enlistment Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Event Place Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
Race White
Citizenship Status citizen
Birth Year 1909
Birthplace MASSACHUSETTS
Education Level 4 years of high school
Civilian Occupation Skilled mechanics and repairmen, railroad and carshop
Marital Status Married
Military Rank Private
Army Branch Corps of Engineers
Source Reference Civil Life
Serial Number 11105872
Affiliate ARC Identifier 1263923
Box Film Number 00691.62
Citing this Record,

from family search,,,,,, belive above is him.

Connecticut is bordered by Rhode Island to the east, Massachusetts to the north, New York to the west.