Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Royal signals

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michael

michael Report 2 Oct 2017 12:12

Hi, I'm trying to trace a Michael castle who was based at robinswood -barracks,gloucester, approx, late 1960's (last known in northallerton about 1978)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Oct 2017 13:28

Have you tried ForcesReunited ?

Kath. x

michael

michael Report 2 Oct 2017 15:13

Yes I have thanks ,but no luck so far

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Oct 2017 09:58

Do you have a rough idea of his year of birth? Do you know where he 'came from'? Did he mention anything about his family - parents, siblings, wife or children?

Assuming he was in his 20's, there are loads by that name, most with middle initials listed on https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
I've searched 1935-1950.

michael

michael Report 7 Oct 2017 10:46

Thanks for your help, all I now is that he had a brother who settled in Cheltenham and we seem to think a birth date of 1945

Ron2

Ron2 Report 21 Oct 2017 19:51

You could try contacting the Royal Signals Association = heres the link to the appropriate page of their website https://royalsignals.org/rsa/contact-us/ Just click on the link to go to the page. The association also has a Face Book page. Best of luck. Us Sappers are UBIQUE lol