Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Military record for Arthur Wilfred Husband, 20703

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Nov 2018 18:50

Has anyone access to military records and can give me any information about this relative of mine.
I know he was killed on 6th July 1916 and is now buried in Vermelles military cemetery. Pas De Calais .France. He was in the 10th battalion Cameronian ( Scottish Rifles )

I would be interested in information of the battle that took place that he was killed in and any other information. Thank you

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Nov 2018 19:04

Findmypast only has his medal card so his service records must be among the 70% of WW1 records that were destroyed in a fire.

First name(s) Arthur
Last name Husband
Year 1914-20
Service number 20703
Second service number 20703
Rank Private,Corporal
Second rank Corporal
Regiment Scottish Rifles
Second corps Scottish Rifles
Service record Soldier Number: 20703, Rank: Private, Corps: Scottish Rifles
Second service record Soldier Number: 20703, Rank: Corporal, Corps: Scottish Rifles
Image link
Country Great Britain
Medal type British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920
Archive reference WO372/10
Archive reference description Campaign Medal Index Cards and Silver War Badge Cards
Record set Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards
Category Military, armed forces & conflict
Subcategory Medal Rolls and Honours
Collections from Great Britain, UK None

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Nov 2018 19:09

Not sure if this is where he was but according to Wikipedia on 6th July when he died there was the Battle of Albert. You can read about it here:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Albert_(1916)

Kath. x

SuCal

SuCal Report 11 Nov 2018 20:27

If you are quick take a look at Ancestry who have free access to their military records until tomorrow 12/11/18