Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW2 RAF records CODES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JULIESURREY

JULIESURREY Report 22 Jan 2019 16:08

On my grandfather's RAF record under the section 'Marks, Scars etc.', there is a code: Vc 4 L. Have searched on line and have not managed to find any details as to what this could mean. Is anyone able to shed light on this. Many thanks, regards Julie

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Jan 2019 16:36

I have no idea really - someone else might have the answer, but it could mean Vc for vaccination marks , perhaps he had 4, and L for left arm. Hopefully someone who was in the RAF might be able to help you more.

Kath. x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 22 Jan 2019 20:11

Kath you could be correct as my mother was in the ATS and had 4 smallpox vaccinations on her left arm and so did my FIL who was in the army.