Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UK Military hospital records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 21 May 2021 16:33

Wondered if anyone has access to full membership of www.forces-war-records.co.uk/military-hospital.
If anyone has would they be willing to look up the records for both of my Grandad's who spent some time them.
Thomas Marsh Private 57759 Lancs Fusiliers, shotgun wound to left thigh on October 18th 1918 in France was in Cambridge Military and Farnborough hospitals. He was transferred to reserves on 29th January 1919 ( due to injury) so I presume he was in hospital for quite some time.
Louis Wright T4/250908 ASC was in 1st Eastern General Hospital, Cambridge in August/September 1918 with a fractured Radius.
Many thanks if anyone could help with this. Teresa.

Teresa

Teresa Report 21 May 2021 16:38

Should have said, both of these records are on that site but it won't let me access them, it says have to have full membership.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 22 May 2021 09:26

Have sent a couple of files to Teresa but not quite what asked for. Hope Teresa will let us know if it's enough.

I don't have membership of forces war records.

Teresa

Teresa Report 22 May 2021 13:56

Hi PatinCyprus, have just had a look at the files you sent, but the 1st one is just a blank sheet. The 2nd one does have my Grandad on there, looks like from the train he was bought back in, but doesn't give me any idea how long he was hospitalised for, but thank-you very much for looking. Teresa

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 May 2021 16:21

Only £8.95 for a month's membership

Teresa

Teresa Report 22 May 2021 17:15

Thank-you ErikaH, I thought you had to have a full year membership to get the records

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 24 May 2021 20:11

Teresa has some documents now and has said thank you for the help <3