Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed - Mary Jones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bird

Bird Report 21 Jul 2008 20:46

Can anyone help. I think I have found an aunt I did not know I had but am not sure I am correct. Her name is Mary Jones (1920). My mother Doris Jones (1928) and aunt Elsie Jones (1924) were born in Ashton under Lyne. Parents Elizabeth Noton and Albert Jones.
I would be grateful for any info relating to Mary Jones and any other possible siblings.
I appreciate it's like looking for a needle in a haystack but any help
gratefully received.
Many thanks

Bird

Bird Report 21 Jul 2008 20:56

Thanks Julia
I'm new to this. What is freebmd?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Jul 2008 20:57

Albert and Elizabeth married in the June quarter 1919

Marriages Jun 1919 (>99%)

Jones Albert C Noton Ashton 8d 1099
Noton Elizabeth Jones Ashton 8d 1099

- - - -

to check for any births of other achildren after 1928, you will have to search the Complete Index on ancestry.co.uk ..... a long job to search quarter by quarter, year by year, especially with JONES!

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Jul 2008 20:59

Bird

freebmd is www.freebmd.org.uk

It's a site where volunteers are entering all the births marriages and deaths in England and Wales from the start of registration on July 1 1837 to 1983 (bmds from 1983 are already on the web). They are currently upto about 1925, depending on the area, but there are new records every day.

It is THE site to check for bmds!

and

best of all

it is FREE!

sylvia

Bird

Bird Report 21 Jul 2008 20:59

Thanks Sylvia
Any idea about marriages for Mary Jones??

Bird

Bird Report 21 Jul 2008 21:05

Wow fantastic info - thankyou.
Bird