Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

German born

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annina

Annina Report 24 Jun 2009 13:58

Would anyone know how I could start to find out what happened to a German born person, who " disappeared " in the early war years possibly interned in a camp.

Katie

Katie Report 24 Jun 2009 13:59

have you got any details about this missing german person

Annina

Annina Report 24 Jun 2009 15:51

Hi Katie, all I know is mothers memory, and my uncles birth cert.

The man in question is named as father of my mum's half brother.

Hecter C V Rysart working in an aircraft factory 1940. My mum says he disappeared shortly after, and as he was German,I wondered if he was interred, as so many were

Katie

Katie Report 24 Jun 2009 15:59

do you know his date of birth or what his role was at this aircraft factory then i can try find it

Derek

Derek Report 24 Jun 2009 16:16

Would the National Archives be a good start?

Annina

Annina Report 24 Jun 2009 17:15

Hi Katie, Derick this is Bristol !

It statas on birth cert,

Hecter Charles Valentine Rysart, Superintendant Material Control, Aircraft Production, living at Wellington Park Clifton.

My grandmother was 31 at the time so can only guess at his age.

Sorry, nearly forgot, cert says Aug 1940, and he, the father, disappeared either just before or after the baby was born.