Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

US census and immigration look up please!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Belinda

Belinda Report 29 Jul 2009 21:00

Hi there

I'm looking for a Christian Meng who I know resided in Germantown, Philadelphia, USA in 1766. This is about all I know sorry!

Thanks in advance
Belinda

Vera

Vera Report 29 Jul 2009 22:50

Hi Belinda,
Have found a Christian Meng.....List of Foreigners imported in the ship Duke Of Wirtenberg....Daniel Montpelier commander.....from Rotterdam, last from Cowes.....Qualified Oct 20th 1752

Names Of Foreigners who took the Oath of Allegiance to the Province and State of Pennsylvania.1727 to 1775 page 367

Regards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 29 Jul 2009 22:53

christian meng
Names of German, Swiss and Other Immigrants
page 288
A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants in Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776

Regards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 29 Jul 2009 23:01

Hi Belinda,
Not Christian, but found this one

1790 United States Federal Census

about Melchoir Meng
Name: Melchoir Meng
Township: Germantown
County: Philadelphia
State: Pennsylvania

That all it states

Regards Vera

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Jul 2009 23:33

found this

Christian Menges Compact Disc #132 Pin #921191 Pedigree
Sex: M

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event(s)
Birth: abt 1758

or of , Fayette, Pennsylvania, USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parents

Marriage(s)
Spouse: Catherine Cooperider Disc #132 Pin #921180
Marriage: abt 1781
or of , Fayette, Pennsylvania, USA

Notes and Sources
Notes: None
Sources: None

Submitter
Michael Edward KLINE
#4 Sandridge Drive Bella Vista, Ar. 72714

Submission Search: 2064844-0114107143051
URL:

Belinda

Belinda Report 30 Jul 2009 02:30

Thanks everyone! All your help is much appreciated. I'm going to look through the info now and make sense of it all!

Kind regards
Belinda

Vera

Vera Report 30 Jul 2009 06:24

Belinda,
Going on Anns reply....with the spelling....found this, thought I would show you....although the brides name is different....

U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
about Christian Menges

Name: Christian Menges
Spouse Name: Anna Maria ???
Number Pages: 1

Regards Vera