Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Potter - Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 Nov 2009 11:09

I am looking for a Joseph Potter born in Ireland born roughly 1823. Parents were Joseph Potter and Rebecca Rogg or Logg? (Scotlands People certificate not too clear) I know he married an Elizabeth Abraham (Father - Robert Abraham Mother - Mary McLean/McLaren) also born in Ireland as I have both their death certificates from Scotland’s People. I have him on the 1851 Census (living with his father Joseph) & 1861 Census’s in Scotland – 1881 said page missing. No luck in the 1841 Census which leads me to believe they were still staying in Ireland. I cannot find any information on births for their oldest daughter - Ann born roughly 1848-1850

I also cannot find Joseph Potter - Their oldest son. Census says he was born in Rutherglen but I wonder if Elizabeth returned home.

1861 Census
Joseph Potter Head 38
Elizabeth Potter Wife 35
Ann Potter Dau 13 (the 1851 census said 1)
Joseph Potter Son 9
Robert Potter Son 5
James Potter Son 2

It all gets very confusing because according to Elizabeth Potter m/s Abraham's death certificate she was only 53 when she died in 1889.

To recap I am looking for
Joseph Potter
Elizabeth Potter m/s Abraham
Ann Potter

Any help would be much appreciated

Jackie

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Nov 2009 12:28

n