Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grace Gibbons father?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

HeatherofOz

HeatherofOz Report 4 Jan 2007 17:55

I have just received Grace Gibbons & Samuel Knowles marriage certificate. Dated 13 Aug 1855. She is a spinister and born in Aslackby. Everything was going good until I saw her fathers name - B. Pickworth he is a tailor. In the 1841 census she is with her Grandparents aged 10 in Aslackby Lincolnshire. Does this mean she was illegimate or did her mother remarry but why not change Grace's name? Any suggestions? Regards Heather

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Jan 2007 18:17

Are you sure she's with grandparents on the 1841? Is the name stanscribed as Gibbins? If so it looks to me as if she's with Frances Gibbins age 65 and William Gibbins age 25. Kath. x

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 4 Jan 2007 18:26

in 1851 when she is a servant there are 2 families of Gibbons must be related some how too I would have thought Jeanette Catherine Gibbons abt 1787 Rippingale, Lincolnshire, England Wife Rippingale Lincolnshire View Record Mary Gibbons abt 1821 Rippingale, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Rippingale Lincolnshire View Record Jonathan Gibbons abt 1783 Rippingale, Lincolnshire, England Head Rippingale Lincolnshire View Record Edward Gibbons abt 1850 Rippingale, Lincolnshire, England Son Rippingale Lincolnshire View Record Emma Gibbons abt 1850 Rippingale, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Rippingale Lincolnshire View Record Jane Gibbons abt 1819 Ioft, Lincolnshire, England Wife Rippingale Lincolnshire View Record Jonathan Gibbons abt 1813 Rippingale, Lincolnshire, England Head Rippingale Lincolnshire View Record Grace Gibbons abt 1831 Pointon, Lincolnshire, England Servant Rippingale Lincolnshire

imp

imp Report 4 Jan 2007 18:37

There is a William Pickworth who is a tailor/draper on the 1841 in Aslackby, a couple of pages up from Grace Gibbons, wonder if he is her father. Gail.

HeatherofOz

HeatherofOz Report 4 Jan 2007 18:39

Yes that's her with Frances and Willliam. Frances is her Grandmother. I'm not sure if the Gibbons in 1851 are related. Regards, Heather

imp

imp Report 4 Jan 2007 18:56

Hi If you don't have access to Lincoln Archives I can do a look-up for you. Gail

HeatherofOz

HeatherofOz Report 4 Jan 2007 18:57

Gail, You're a wonder. It is probably William Pickworth. Does this mean that her mother married him after Grace's birth in 1831. I just I will just after to try and find the parish records. Thanks Heather

HeatherofOz

HeatherofOz Report 4 Jan 2007 19:27

Gail, I don't have access to the archives if you could do a lookup that would be good. Thanks Heather

imp

imp Report 4 Jan 2007 19:46

Hi Heather Just to let you know I have seen this and will look next time I go. Gail.