Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1889 Marriage details----how do I find them

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 25 Jun 2006 17:41

I am trying to find the marriage records of Thomas Grant born 1869. I know he was married to Mary in 1889 and I have found 2 records for then which could be his. How do I find the details of other people who were married on the same day so that I can tie this up and find what Mary's maiden name was ? My details are ;- Lanchester 1889 10a 350 or 360 Jan/March and Lanchester 10a 437 July/Sept Regards Wendy

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jun 2006 17:49

If you bought one of the kids birth certs it would give mums name.

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jun 2006 17:51

Marriages Mar 1889 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Croney Mary Lanchester 10a 360 Eastwood Isabella Lanchester 10a 360 Grant Thomas Lanchester 10a 360 WATSON Mark Lanchester 10a 360 Marriages Sep 1889 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CAWTHORN Elizabeth Jane Lanchester 10a 437 Grant Thomas Lanchester 10a 437 Hewitt Elizabeth Lanchester 10a 437 Nichol Thomas Lanchester 10a 437 Both of the above were on freebmd. Unfortunately the other one you gave does not show all the brides. Hopefully Mary Croney is your girl, but you wont really be sure without the kiddies birth certificate.

Christine

Christine Report 25 Jun 2006 18:30

According to 1891 census, Mary was born c1868 Leadgate, Durham. This is the 1881 for Mary Croney Catherine Croney abt 1862 Leadgate, Durham, Sister Iveston Durham James Croney abt 1857 Leadgate, Durham, Brother >> Mary Croney abt 1864 Leadgate, Durham, Sister Patrick Croney abt 1860 Leadgate, Durham, Brother Ann Grant abt 1853 Leadgate, Durham, Wife Edward Grant abt 1853 Consett, Durham, Head Edward Grant abt 1876 Consett, Durham, Son James Grant abt 1875 Leadgate, Durham, Son Margaret Grant abt 1878 Leadgate, Durham, Daughter Mary A. Grant abt 1874 Leadgate, Durham, Daughter Going on places of birth, Mary Croney is sister of Ann Grant - interesting that Ann is married to a Grant, born in Consett.

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jun 2006 18:56

Does Thomas have a bro or rellie called Edward?

Wendy

Wendy Report 25 Jun 2006 21:40

I don't think Thomas has a relative called Edward although as you can see, Christine has also mentioned him but I cannot see where he fits in. Could it be, there were 2 Grant families in Conside and Knitsley who were related? Regards Wendy