Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 & 1901 census for Suffolk please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zillah

Zillah Report 1 Feb 2006 23:36

I'm looking for 2 brothers & 2 sisters of my Grandfathe, .Walter Knight.. Their parents were Henry Knights & Matilda Ashman and they were all born in Ipswich & shown on the 1881 census They are: Thomas Knight (or Knights) B. 1860 Frederick Knight B. 1869 Laura Knight . 1872 (christened ) Mary Knight B 1873 I also have another sister Matilda, but she is not shown on the 1881 census so may have died in infancy. I'm trying to find if any of them married & had children. Including my Grandfather there were at least 3 other childen which I've found, all 3 moved to London from Ipswich. So some of the above 4 may also be in London if anyone has access to the 1901 census If anyone can help it will be much appreciated. Many Thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Feb 2006 23:42

Sorry, can't see any of themon either 1891 or 1901 fitting the description you gave. nell

Lewella

Lewella Report 2 Feb 2006 01:18

1901. This could be Frederick: Frederick Knights Age: 31 Estimated birth year: abt 1870 Relation: Boarder Household: 10 New Street, St Clement Gender: Male Where born: Ipswich, Suffolk, England Civil parish: St Clement Ecclesiatical parish: St Clement County/Island: Suffolk Country: England Occupation: Foundary Labourer I'll keep looking to see if I can find the others. Regards, Lewella

Lewella

Lewella Report 2 Feb 2006 01:36

1891: Parents Henry & Matilda, with only son Fred at home: Knights, Fred abt 1870 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Son St Matthew Suffolk Knights, Henry abt 1821 Ashbocking, Suffolk, England Head St Matthew Suffolk Knights, Matilda abt 1829 Wickhambrook, Suffolk, England Wife St Matthew Suffolk Still at same address as 1881 census. Regards, Lewella

Lewella

Lewella Report 2 Feb 2006 01:42

1891 this could be Walter Wight, Walter Age: 20 Estimated birth year: abt 1871 Relation: Servant Foodman Gender: Male Where Born: Ipswich, Suffolk Birth Country: England Civil parish: St George Hanover Square Ecclesiastical parish: St George Hanover Square Town: London City County/Island: London Image reads 'Night' Lewella

Lewella

Lewella Report 2 Feb 2006 01:57

No, that's all I can see for the moment. I'll keep trying. Regards, Lewella

Lewella

Lewella Report 2 Feb 2006 02:49

Just for reference. Family in 1861 Harriet Knights abt 1853 Haverie, Suffolk, England Daughter Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Henry Knights abt 1820 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Head Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Matilda Knights abt 1830 Wickhambrook, Suffolk, England Wife Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Matilda Knights abt 1860 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Daughter Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Thomas Knights abt 1860 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Son Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Lewella

Lewella

Lewella Report 2 Feb 2006 02:53

And again in 1871 Emily Ashman abt 1848 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Lodger Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk (probably related to Matilda) Ellen Knights abt 1864 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Daughter Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Frederick Knights abt 1869 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Son Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Harry Knights abt 1866 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Son Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Henry Knights abt 1820 Ashbocking, Suffolk, England Head Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Kate Knights abt 1863 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Daughter Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Matilda Knights abt 1830 Wickhambrook, Suffolk, England Wife Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Matilda Knights abt 1861 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Daughter Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Thomas Knights abt 1860 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Son Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Walter Knights abt 1870 Ipswich, Suffolk, England Son Ipswich St Matthew Suffolk Lewella

Zillah

Zillah Report 2 Feb 2006 10:00

Thanks for taking the trouble to look for me, Nell.. Lewella, That's brilliant, thanks so much. I did not know until a year or so ago that Walter, my grandfather, had any brothers& sisters. I've found the 'offspring' of Kate & Harry (another brother & sister) and I'm now trying to find the others to see if I've any more 2nd cousins. I know where Walter was from 1901, he was married by then and my Dad had been born. I didn't have the 1891 info on him though, he moved to London earlier than I thought. I wonder if Fredk'. got married at least it seems he stayed in Suffolk. I assume there was no sign of Thomas or Matilda or Laura or Mary? I really appreciate your help, thanks again PS. Looking at the details again, I did not have a Harriet, she was born before the others and then it looks as if there was a 7 year gap. I wonder why that was?!! Regards Zillah