Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

joshua dugdale

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 7 Jan 2006 14:50

Hi am trying to find info on joshua dugdale, born lancs 1805, his daughter ann b. colne 1835 (lds ref c003747) and his son james b. colne 1837 d. colne 1838 (baptism record if poss ? Albert road methodist chaple colne). ann married john spencer in 1859 and is living alone in 3 broadhurst court in 1881. Can anyone check the 1891 and 1901 census to see if she is still there or has remarried. thanks. finally (i know tall order but i live sooo far away from a records office and i am very grateful) any info on the birth or baptism of thomas born around 1843. thanks alison lexi04atsupanetdotcom.

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jan 2006 15:03

GR won't let you put your e-mail address on an open board. You will need to come and check this thread for replies. I am confused about your message - do you want information about Joshua? Is Ann widowed, or still married but on her own in 1881? Have you checked for a remarriage on Freebmd, or found a death for John Spencer? What is Thomas' surname? nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jan 2006 15:05

1851 Colne Lancashire Joshua Dugdale abt 1805 Colne, Lancashire Head Sarah Dugdale abt 1806 Colne, Lancashire Wife Colne Ann Dugdale abt 1836 Colne, Lancashire Daughter Thomas Dugdale abt 1843 Colne, Lancashire Son nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jan 2006 15:08

This seems to be the nearest birth for Thomas, Burnley reg district includes Colne: Dugdale, Thomas Record Type: Births Quarter: June Year: 1842 District: Burnley County: Lancashire West Riding of Yorkshire Volume: 21 Page: 250 nell

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 7 Jan 2006 15:12

This appears to be Ann in 1891. Image seems to me to read as Spencer. Take a look and see what you think. Name: Sprenger, Ann Age: 59 Estimated birth year: abt 1832 Relation: Head Gender: Female Where Born: Colne, Lancashire Birth Country: England Civil parish: Colne Ecclesiastical parish: St Bartholomew Town: Colne County/Island: Lancashire Source information: RG12/3381 Registration district: Burnley Sub registration district: Colne ED, institution, or vessel: 37 Folio: 40 Page: 30 (click to see others on page) GSU Number: 6098491 Jim