Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Lookup required PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lise

Lise Report 16 Aug 2005 16:52

I am relatively new to the board and collating infomation on my family tree. I have just found the names of one of my great grandparents, Can anyone tell me how to find out their DOB's and the number of siblings that were born to that family. My Grandmother was called Susan Partington born 01. april 1907. Her parents names were Richard Partington and Susan Statham from the Pendleton area of Salford. Any information would be appreciated no matter how small or insignificant. Thank you Lise

Simone

Simone Report 16 Aug 2005 16:57

Hi Lise Update your message heading to read - Lookup required PLEASE 1901- Some kind soul will be able to look for the parents on the 1901 census for you and this should tell who was in the family at that time. If they weren't married by then they can at least look up the father- that will get you started You can also look up their marirage at 1837online.com or in the indexes at your Local Record Office- then send for certificate- that will give you each of their father's names and occupations- hope all that makes sense Alternatively you can pay per view at http://www.1901census.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ Good Luck Simone x

Lise

Lise Report 16 Aug 2005 16:59

Thanx simone. Ive absolutely no idea where to start. Lise

The Bag

The Bag Report 16 Aug 2005 17:04

Well , here is a little suprise! Granny was well on the way when they married! PARTINGTON, Richard 1907 March Marriages Salford Greater Manchester Lancashire Statham, Susan 1907 March Marriages Salford Greater Manchester Lancashire Quarter: March Year: 1907 District: Salford County: Greater Manchester Lancashire Volume: 8d Page: 61

The Bag

The Bag Report 16 Aug 2005 17:08

Have more than one susan Statham in 1901 census so you do really need to send for the GRO for the marriage cert to assertain parents names. this one is the best bet.but it is pure guesswork The whole family Alice Statham abt 1883 Salford, Lancashire, England Daughter Lymm Cheshire Arthur Statham abt 1890 Lymm, Cheshire, England Son Lymm Cheshire Elizabeth Statham abt 1897 Lymm, Cheshire, England Daughter Lymm Cheshire Emma Statham abt 1854 Salford, Lancashire, England Wife Lymm Cheshire John Statham abt 1854 Salford, Lancashire, England Head Lymm Cheshire John Statham abt 1879 Salford, Lancashire, England Son Lymm Cheshire Joseph Statham abt 1893 Lymm, Cheshire, England Son Lymm Cheshire Rose Statham abt 1881 Salford, Lancashire, England Daughter Lymm Cheshire >Susan Statham abt 1884 Salford, Lancashire, England Daughter Lymm Cheshire

The Bag

The Bag Report 16 Aug 2005 17:10

There are about 50 possible Richard partington's on the 1901 census - predominently in the right area too! Now ''double need'' that marriage cert as it will tell us both fathers names and their occupation.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 16 Aug 2005 17:14

Same thing I just said, Jess, on my lookups board lol

Lise

Lise Report 16 Aug 2005 17:26

Thank you thank you thank you....................... How do i find out how many children was born to this family ?? Lise

Lise

Lise Report 16 Aug 2005 17:34

jess i will order a copy of marriage cert today. lise

The Bag

The Bag Report 16 Aug 2005 17:40

You ned to look on a site called 1837 under births. look for the surname and check the mothers maiden name. it can be quite costly if you dont know where or who to look for , so do as much racking of peoples brains as you can first. - can your mum remember any Aunts/uncles names?