Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 and 1891 lookups please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 14 Aug 2004 22:59

I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to look up the following family for me on 1871 and 1891 census? FIGG John aged 37 on 1871 wife Charlotte aged 33 on 1871 children that I know about in 1871 are George aged 6, William aged 4, Thomas aged 2 and possibly Caroline aged max 1yr. I think an older daughter was named Charlotte aged about 12, and Im sure there will be other children in between Charlotte and George! Woolbeding in West Sussex Any help appreciated. Many thanks Sue

Sue

Sue Report 14 Aug 2004 23:18

Couldn't find anything for John or Charlotte on ancestry - perhaps only partial censuses there. On Free census found this - perhaps a relation? 1891 Census 5 Records found Piece: RG12/795 Place: Lewes-Sussex Enumeration District: 2 Civil Parish: Ditchling Ecclesiastical Parish: Ditchling Folio: 22 Page: 11 Schedule: 72 Address: 7 Meadow Cottages -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks FIGG John Head M M 41 General Labourer (Em'ee) Sussex - Keymer FIGG Margaret Wife M F 41 Scotland - County Elgin FIGG Christopher Son S M 6 Scholar Sussex - Burgess Hill I apologise if it's no good - my geography is lousy, especially from half a world away! Sue (in NZ)

Geoff

Geoff Report 14 Aug 2004 23:46

Hi Susan, There was nothing on either 1871 or 1891 Census I presume you have this from 1881 RG11/1131 Folio 96 Page 7 Redford Woolbeding, Sussex John Figg head-M-47-ag lab-b.Woolbeding Charlotte Figg-Wife-43-b.Linchmere George Figg-Son-16-ag.lab-b.Woolbeding William Figg-Son-14-ag.lab-b.woolbeding Thomas Figg-Son-12-ag. lab-b. Woolbeding Caroline Figg-Daur-10-Scholar-b. Woolbeding Fanny Figg-Daur-4-b. Woolbeding Have also got info on John's brothers and Sisters and marriages can send by e-mail if you wish. Best Regards Geoff

Geoff

Geoff Report 14 Aug 2004 23:53

Hi again, Got him Widowed on 1901 Census in Stedham, Sussex living with William. Do you want Census image?? Also Thomas 1901 Caroline 1891 Fanny1891 Geoff

Smiley

Smiley Report 15 Aug 2004 00:11

1891 Figg, Fanny 14 Redford, Sussex Servant Stedham Sussex At last, a definite maybe.....this family just don't want to be found!! _____________________________________________ FIGG, Fanny 1877 September Births Midhurst Hampshire Sussex 2b 368 _____________________________________________ FIGG, Caroline 1872 December Births Midhurst Hampshire Sussex 2b 365 _____________________________________________ FIGG, Charlotte 1861 June Births Midhurst Hampshire Sussex 2b 313 _____________________________________________ FIGG, John 1860 June Marriages Midhurst Hampshire Sussex 2b 543 Pett, Charlotte 1860 June Marriages Midhurst Hampshire Sussex 2b 543 ____________________________________________ Sam

Sue

Sue Report 15 Aug 2004 10:26

Thank you for all your help with this, they certainly are proving elusive! I wonder where they have gone to in 1871/1891 when they are definately there in 1881. Family comments are always that they came from Farnham, Surrey area, so I was surprised when I found them in Midhurst Sussex area. Then again, the areas are not that far apart and my grandmothers family bible was some fairy tales with some facts!! She even forgot where/when her own children were born! Thanks again Sue