Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rose

Rose Report 28 Jun 2004 09:50

Could someone please do a lookup on the 1901 census for a George EVERITT aged 54 born Lincolnshire living in York and a butcher. In 1881 and 1891 he was in Adelaide Street, St Mary’s Bishopshill Junior, York. I would appreciate details of the household. Many thanks. Rose

Emma

Emma Report 28 Jun 2004 09:55

Rose, Using decoder: Hary Everitt, 18, York Yorkshire, Butcher Elizabeth Everitt, 55, Doncaster Yorkshire Christopher Everitt, 16, York Yorkshire, Railway Clerk George Everitt, 54, Lincolnshire, Butcher Hilda Everitt, 20, York Yorkshire This won't show anyone living in household with a different surname. Emma x

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 28 Jun 2004 09:59

Not put them together according to page ID, but there aren't that many so chances are they live together, especially the 18 year old who's a Butcher. It's not on Ancestry just yet you see Name Age Where Born Administrative County Civil Parish Occupation Christopher Everitt 16 Yorks York Yorks York Railway Clerk George Everitt 54 Lincolnshire ... Yorks York Butcher Hary Everitt 18 Yorks York Yorks York Butcher William Everitt 2 Yorks York York York Elizabeth Everitt 55 Yorks Doncaster Yorks York Ellen Everitt 1 Yorks Market Weighton York York Gertrude Everitt 21 Yorks York York York Hilda Everitt 20 Yorks York Yorks York

Rose

Rose Report 28 Jun 2004 10:00

Thanks Emma. I take it it doesn't give you the address either? Rose

Emma

Emma Report 28 Jun 2004 10:06

Chloe, Did you use the decoder? It put all the ones I listed together on page ID including Elizabeth and Hilda - Did it not include them when you tried it? Rose - No address sorry. Emma x

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 28 Jun 2004 10:07

No Emma. I'm on a library computer so I didn't use the decoder, yours is probably correct. Sorry for the confusion. Chloe

Emma

Emma Report 28 Jun 2004 10:08

Chloe, That's ok :-) Thought for one minute the decoder wasn't working again!! Emma x

Rose

Rose Report 28 Jun 2004 10:10

Thanks Chloe and Emma, I know that George, Elizabeth, Harry, Christopher and Hilda are the same family - not sure about the others especially if they weren't in the same household. Again thanks to you both. Rose

Geoff

Geoff Report 28 Jun 2004 10:27

This was the 1881 census Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability George EVERITT Head M Male 34 Wintringham, Lincoln, England Goods Guard (Rly) Elizabeth EVERITT Wife M Female 36 Norton Doncaster Goods Guard Wife Arthur EVERITT Son Male 8 Wildon Castleford Hilder EVERITT Daughter Female 10 m York, York, England Margret LINFOOT Nice U Female 17 Spofforth, York, England Sirvent (Dom) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling Adelaide St Census Place York St Mary Bishopshill Jnr, York, England Family History Library Film 1342141 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 4719 / 132 Page Number 26 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I've looked at 1861 census for Winteringham, but the only George Everitt was 7.

Emma

Emma Report 28 Jun 2004 10:43

Rose, Do you have them on 1871? Apologies if you already have this info. George Everitt, head, mar, 24, goods guard, Lincolnshire Winteringham Elizabeth, wife, 26, Yorkshire Norton Mary E, daur, 6mo, Yorkshire York at 45 Caroline St, St Mary Bishopshill Senior, York, Yorkshire Source information: RG10/4748 Registration district: York Sub-registration district: Micklegate ED, institution, or vessel: 9 Folio: 22 Page: 38 Emma x