Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EDWARD DANVERS 1841 AND 1863

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ted

Ted Report 1 Apr 2004 11:00

hI all. I terrible at reading GRO records and Ive found the person Im looking for. He was born Dec qtr 1841 Book 20 page 139. He was married for the first time Sept qtr 1863, book 7a, page 162. BUT I CANT READ WHERE HE WAS BORN and WHERE HE MARRIED? it looks as though he was born and married in the same place, but where? I cant read the writing. Is there anyone please who has access to the 1837 on line site who could possibley have a look for me and try and decipher the handwriting. In my library the fiche are not very good. Thanks very much for any help. Regards TED 5076 lfhs.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 1 Apr 2004 11:09

1837 online does not show the image of the certificate, if that's what you're asking for.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Apr 2004 11:56

Hi Albert Can't help with exact details, but can tell you that 7a covered Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Rutland. Rosemary

Geoff

Geoff Report 1 Apr 2004 12:02

Vol 20 (XX) was Lancashire.

Eames

Eames Report 1 Apr 2004 12:05

Think it says Loughborough in Leicester

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Apr 2004 12:15

On 1881 Edward Danvers, aged 39, is living, with wife and 8 children, in Shepshed, Leics, which he gives as his birthplace. Is this your chap? Rosemary

Francis

Francis Report 28 Oct 2005 10:03

Hello, If you are still looking for Edward Danvers I have details. He was born in Shepshed, Leics. There appears to be no record of his christening. He married Anne Martin (born Shepshed abt 1842) at the Parish church (St Botolphs) on 6 July 1863. He died Dec 1908 when he lived at Hall Croft, Shepshed. He was buried in Shepshed cemetery on 30 Dec 1908 (section 73 grave 2). Hope this helps - I do have more if required. Frank

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Oct 2005 10:12

If it's the district that you can't read it's Loughbro'. Kath. x