Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found after 98 years - my father's blood relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 25 Mar 2010 21:44

My father was born in 1912 in Staffordshire and due to his mother being widowed he was adopted aged 3 because his mother had to go into service and couldn't afford to keep him, He always knew he had a sister and remembered being taken to visit her when he was small. His real mother tried to contact him in 1956 when he was 42 but he declined. He had spent 20 years maintaining his adopted mother due to her being widowed and feared he would be starting again. In his last years he expressed regret at never having known any blood relatives and I searched the microfilm in the library in search of his sister but it is only since joining genes reunited I got a match at last with his real family and have now visited them and have photos of his mother and sister which has been such a thrill. The pieces of the jigsaw have been fitted together at last thanks to Genes Reunited