Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Ryan's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jul 2003 00:13

In a couple of days, GC broke the barrier I'd hit, trying to find my grandmother's birthplace. She died when my mum was 3, so mum has no memory of her.I'd got Gran's death cert from Edinburgh, but no record of her birth anywhere in UK, Scotland, or Ireland. When I joined, a"trying to find" was answered immediately by a kind lady offering to look up the 1861 Scottish census- bingo! The two families are almost certainly the ones needed to give my 86- year old mum much-needed peace of mind. Mum's off on her 1st ever foreign trip on Friday 25th July, & I hope to have certificates to show her, when she returns- so far, I've been able to restrain myself from telling her! I'm new to any research other than certificates, & newer still to making a family tree, so this has fired my enthusiasm, too. Thank you, Susan, & GC.