Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mr Father & Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 6 Jun 2011 21:24

I just wanted to post a thank you message to Genes Reunited.

After 20 years, I finally got back in touch with my father and my fathers side of the family. I had started to do my family tree and my dad had started his and it came up as a hot match. It was then my grandma, who I'd also not seen for 20 years, that contacted me saying she thinks she maybe my grandmother and could she view my tree.

For those 20 years it was me, my brother and my mum and since that contact on here from my grandma, I've found out I've got a grandad, a great grandma, 2 uncles, 2 cousins, great uncles and aunties and best of all my dad! It's overwhelming but it's the best thing that could have happened!

Thanks again :-D