Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sandra Woodcock's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 Dec 2003 19:28

well where shall i start, i was searching for my father for many years. i came across the GC site by accident, and have never looked back. i started to build my family tree, but i knew if only i could find my father the jigsaw puzzle i was building would soon be complete. which much appreciated help from kind people on GC i was given his address. i wrote a very brief letter and much to my surprise i received a reply from my FATHER. at long last i had found him, living quite a few miles away, but what did it matter, i had found him.after many letters and emails from him we decided to meet for the first time in 34 years. both very nervous and excited at the same time, so many mixed emotions. and i think it was harder for him because of guilt for not staying in touch. we had a lovely weekend together, so much to learn about each other. its going to take a long time im sure before we can both say we know the other person. its great to know that i'm very much like him ( personality) i wasn't really the milkman's as my mum used to say, because i'm so different from my brother's and sister.it's crazy i know but i'm finally feeling whole, after all the years. once again all on GC thank you so much for all your kind help.