Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

found my mothers past

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alfred

Alfred Report 20 Dec 2012 07:49

After 80 years of us all thinking my mother was illegitimate I found a person on here who turned out to be my cousin,his mother and mine were sisters. My mother was the third child and as they were living with inlaws they decided there wasn't enough room for her. She was given away but at 10 her foster mother died and she ended up in an orphanege. When she was 21 she emmigrated to australia her last address was gateshead and have found since that her mother also was living there. all too late for my mother.