Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Paumier's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 5 Feb 2004 23:10

England. Christmas Day 2003. Just arrived from Canada. I am covered with a red plastic bag, with a box on my head to hide the shape. I am on the path at the front door. I am on my cell phone to her, she thinks I am calling from Toronto, I hang up, saying the reception is bad, I"ll call her back in a few minutes. My step-daughter has told her that her husband has something for her at the front door. We captured the whole "happening" on video. She came out and stared at the bag with a puzzled expression, and slowly went towards it. Tilting her head, she saw the tip of my shoe sticking out at the bottom and screamed, "I knew it, I knew it", she ripped the bag and box off me. My daughter and I were together for the first time in 40 years. For most of 5 weeks we have been inseparable and so in love, not a second of uneasiness, not an uncomfortable feeling between us in all that time. My step-daughter and son-in-law, whom I had met just moments earlier, helped with the surprise, planned on mobile phones. I thank them for their help and their love too. I have 3 terrific grand children as well. They are all coming to Canada this year for their vacation. Over the years I had posted notices all over the internet. My daughters found me on genesconnected, with a link from friendsreunited. That was in November 2003. The three of us spent many hours on MSN getting to know each other. I would like to thank the people who run these sites for the happiness you have brought to us. Beware those people who have yet to meet their lost loved ones. You will never experience such emotional turmoil. HANG ON !